Rants, Raves, Ramblings of an Undersized Life

Being 4'11" gives you a different perspective on the world. Different is not always a bad thing. Add to Technorati Favorites

1.23.2007

Haggar's Not So Horrible


Whodathunkit? I actually found dress pants my size and I found them in the most unlikely of apparel manufacturers, Haggar.

I know, the name is usually associated with men's clothing. Even worse, I have associated the material these pants are usually constructed with as that of my mother's pants. (Visa, the miracle wrinkle free fabric of poly-yesteryear). However, until you are desperate enough to find dress pants that aren't 6" too long in the inseam and 4" too long in the waist, you'll not shop in the appropriate departments.

My friends, they do make my size. I am officially a 2 Petite Short. "Short?", you say, as if I am being pleonastically redundant. "They have lengths in the petite department?" They sure do, if you find a department store that sells Haggar's petite lines.

For years I shopped for clothing, especially jeans, in the juniors departments. In recent years I have been excited with the discovery I can wear what the tall people call "low rise cropped pants" and actually find jeans to fit me in the waist and length. But, I am growing up now and I am going to find a grown up job; grown up jobs require us to dress like grown ups. I searched desperation through every juniors department in a 20 mile radius to find a suit, to no avail. Finally, I found myself in a store I absolutely despise, trying on pants I normally would have never glanced at, let alone pull of a rack. Much to my delight Mr. Haggar's brilliant designers constructed dress pants with comfortable fabric (if they are poly, they have mastered the science of finding ways of making it non-poly feeling) that fit me like they were tailored to fit me personally. Bravo to Haggar.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home