Rants, Raves, Ramblings of an Undersized Life

Being 4'11" gives you a different perspective on the world. Different is not always a bad thing. Add to Technorati Favorites

12.10.2006

Polemic Personality

As I start taking the journey into finding a deeper meaning or purpose for my life, I begin to realize how mutli-faceted my personality and world opinions have become over the past 20 years. In my early years I would not have considered myself the peacemaker as much of my time was spent in a defensive posture, defending myself against the evil that exists in this world or simply trying to survive despite the adversity I faced. I have found that typically there are 2 basic human responses that come out of these experiences:
1) be jaded, pessimistic, suspicious, un-trusting, and generally negative; or
2) be thankful, wise, hopeful, persevering, and generally positive.
Although I had all the outward signs of the first response; somehow, deeply rooted inside, I must have held on to the latter; at least idealistically. Despite facing the negative circumstances in my life in the posture of a prize fighter, my heart was secretly waiving the olive branch and believing in the triumph of good over evil.

So, how can one balance the good vs. evil ratio that lies within? Is it balance I am looking for, or is it internal conflict resolution?

- How can one support capital punishment when one so values human life and considers it a sin to take the life of another?
- How can one support a woman's right to terminate her pregnancy when they believe life begins at conception? (see above for conflict)
- How can one believe that homosexuals should be allowed to join civil unions and be recognized by the government for doing so but defend and preserve the sanctity of the sacrament of heterosexual marriages?

- How can one expect or long for someone to take care of their needs when they have spent years caring for others in the most altuistic manner?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think my last comment posted, so I'll repeat it

You sound a bit conflicted, I wish you peace on your journey.

12/15/2006 12:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home