Rants, Raves, Ramblings of an Undersized Life

Being 4'11" gives you a different perspective on the world. Different is not always a bad thing. Add to Technorati Favorites

12.11.2006

Health Versus Dead End Job

My pastor a few Sundays ago delivered a message (one of many) about connecting with God and allowing Him to work out His plans for you in your life. He stated that if there was anything impeding the relationship you have with God to remove it. "If your job holds you back from doing God's will, get another job." He might as well put a comma on the end of that statement and said, "Amanda." That message may have been sent from God's mouth to my ears via my pastor. God knew I was listening.

So, as I sit at my desk this morning, after 4 nasty phone calls from customers, one boss breathing down my neck for monthly financial reports that will not be ready for a few days, the other boss who is having a bad morning griping to me about it, a manager who approved a 3000K a year increase in pay for another co-worker who is less than deserving during a time of financial crisis... I find myself feeling literally ill from the exterior stress. My skin feels like it is on fire, yet I am not sick and have no fever. Thwarting anxiety is my body's full time job evidentially.

My icky work situation was largely caused my unwillingness to allow illegal and immoral behavior being conducted in my presence. I try hard not to judge others based on their personal & private actions; however, I may draw the line when these things are done in my presence and involve me without my consent or desire to be involved in them. For this, for opening my mouth to secure the sanctity of my reputation and demanding the respect I have earned (by the repsect I have showed to them), I am hated.

John 15:18-20 - If the world hates you, you know that it hated Me before it hated you. If you were of the world, the world would love its own. Yet because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you. Remember the word that I said to you, "A servant is not greater than his master." If they persecuted Me, they will also persecute you.

Gotcha, Lord. Persecution comes with the territory. It's old, and I am tired. Can you please come and take me home now?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home