Rants, Raves, Ramblings of an Undersized Life

Being 4'11" gives you a different perspective on the world. Different is not always a bad thing. Add to Technorati Favorites

8.11.2009

New Year's Resolution


This morning as I started my day, I found thoughts in place of what is usually a thick cloud of humdrum filled fog. My husband would likely call this "morning grump" having deep thoughts a miracle. What the heck does he know? LOL. It's funny that after 22 years of marriage I don't even need to have him present for a martial fight anymore. I wonder if he knows I won this one, too?




It's my birthday. Number 39. Last stop 'til 40, right? The morning reflections.... is this a part of aging? Waking up in the morning and ponderng all of life's big unanswered questions? Or is this more of a biological thing that is tied into the anniversary of my birth? Is there some other kind of biological clock attached to my psyche that's prodding me to get seek revelations before I have 2 cups of coffee? 3 cups of coffee later... I'm still curious as to why this morning was different than the last 14,235 mornings of my life.




Birthdays are traditionally reserved for celebration; an acknowledgement by an other for another, of their admiration and thankfulness for them -- for their life. We reserve the first day of each calendar as our "New Year". Technically, our birthday is the start of our new year. As I pondered on this, I decided I was more likely to keep a resolution if I were to evaluate myself every 365 days of my life. What? Don't look at me like you haven't the foggiest idea what I am talking about.... you know all too well how we can have the best of intentions on New Year's Eve after a few cocktails, huh? Yeah, how many of those have you kept? Today, while under the influence of aging, I will take an inventory of my life, look at my goals, and decide how I will spend this coming year.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home